Saturday 19 July 2014

Fundraising concert

It's not often that I am lost for words but this evening has made me feel quite overwhelmed with support.

Let me explain. I am a member of my church choir and ex member of the Boreham Ladies' Choir. They are two fantastic groups of people who enjoy making music. When I started telling people what I am up to this summer they went away and came back saying they would like to do a concert to raise funds. 

This evening we had the concert. It was a hot and sticky evening but an audience of around 40 people were treated to everything from Tallis to Sinatra sung by the choir of the Church of the Ascension and the Boreham Ladies. We took turns to sing a set of songs each and it was a varied and interesting programme. I then was able to explain to everyone about the school and the trip and to thank them for helping to raise funds. 
 
Singing always gives me a buzz and the final two songs - Panis Angelicus and Standing in the need of Prayer sung by the combined choirs - were fantastic. After the concert we had cheese and wine and so many, many different people came up to me to tell me how much they had both enjoyed the concert and to offer their support to the project in Nepal. The interest and positive comments made me feel rather weepy and very blessed.
 
I'm now home and have just counted the proceeds. Neither  choir has taken expenses so all the money will go to the school - all £360 of it. I can't believe it!  

Thank you all.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds great, I miss singing regularly. I'm sure the school will appreciate the money.

    ReplyDelete